- Janelle Worthington, MPH
- Emergency Response Planner, Jefferson County Public Health
How did you get involved in emergency preparedness and response?:
- My experience responding to disasters in Central America is what initially peaked my interest in EPR, and led me to pursue a Certificate in Humanitarian Assistance as part of my MPH degree. While this had a more global health and emergency response focus, when I came to work at JCPH I was enthusiastic about the opportunity to learn more about the preparedness side of EPR at the local level.
What benefits do you receive from the MFHCC?:
- Getting to know and learn more about all of our amazing partners in this region!
- Teaching and practicing yoga, travel/exploring new places, hiking, various artistic endeavors (jewelry making, crocheting, leatherworking, etc.)
Favorite vacation/travel destination:
- Middle East, Kauai, Spain, Costa Rica