- ASPR – 2017-18 Hospital Hurricane Widlfires Evacuations
- Watch the panel discussion with Dr. Joshua Weil about the Kaiser hospital evacuation during the Northern California Fires in 2017. This panel was held at the National Healthcare Coalition Preparedness Conference in November 2017. To watch the interview with Dr. Weil, view minutes 10-30, and minutes 55-57. Note: Although it will prompt you to sign into Facebook, you do not need to do so. Unfortunately, this is the only medium the video is available.
NEW! – Interactive ICS Training Opportunity
Jefferson County Public Health is offering an in-person training on the Incident Command System – ICS 100 and 700 on Tuesday, March 27th from 1:00 – 3:00, at the Jefferson County Parfet Building, 645 Parfet Street, Lakewood, CO 80215.
This training will include an overview of the principles of ICS 100 and 700 as they relate to a familiar activity, and then apply that information in a group hands-on learning activity. HINT: you will use ICS to create a bag of healthy snacks for you to take home!
- Participants are asked to view two 45 minute Prezi presentations prior to the training to provide additional understanding of the Incident Command System, and to help prepare students for completing the FEMA Independent Study ICS 100 and 700 exams.
- Those presentations can be found at the following links:
- Please note that these presentations were developed for Jefferson County Public Health emergency response staff, so some of the information contained in the presentations are specific to that audience.
- You must RSVP to attend this training. To RSVP, or for additional information, please contact Anjanette Hawkins at email@example.com by Wednesday, March 7th.